*This recipe my not be 100% Authentic Mexican BUT it’s full of awesome flavours “Tex-Mex”, it comes with a tangy sour twist and on top of everything it’s healthy! This is my perfect recipe/meal for those busy days, like today.
I didn’t have lot of time neither the energy to prepare Tinga de Pollo or Cochinita Pibil de Pollo, like I had planned (in my mind), so I came out with this Easy and Tasty Chicken Tacos Tex-Mex Recipe.
If by any chance you are looking for a quick and easy recipe to feed a big crowd, this is a great option. If you are making it for a party, try to use small corn tortillas, it’s nicer presentation and are almost a bite size. In Mexico we call those small tortillas “Tortillas para Taco.” In fact in Mexico is very rare to buy or make tacos with a regular size tortilla , although isn’t very easy to find Tortilla para Taco outside Mexico; lucky me, I found them here in MTL.
Makes: “up to 15 tacos” using tortilla para taco and one cooked chicken breast (shredded)
Prep time: 20 min (if using rotisserie chicken)
– 1 Cooked Chicken Shredded Breast (you can use rotisserie chicken without the skin)
– 1/4 to 1/2 cup Hot Sauce Franks Original or Chicken Wings (depends how spicy you like your tacos!)
– Olive Oil (tbsp)
– Garlic (minced)
– 1/2 Onion, cut in thin half rounds
– Corn Tortillas
– Sour Cream and/or Plain Greek Yogurt – to taste
– Cilantro (finely chopped) for garnish
– Salt and Pepper – to taste
– 1 Lime cut in Quarters
– Salsa (to taste since the
1. Cooked chicken and shred. Set a side.
2. Using a medium size fry pan, heat oil, cook onion and garlic until fragrant and onion are transparent.
3. Add Shredded Chicken and cook for about 5-8 min in a med-low heat, taste and if need, add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Warm up tortillas and wrap them in wax paper if you have.
5. Time to Start Preparing the Chicken Tacos. Take a tortilla and put a generous amount of chicken.
6. Garnish the tacos with cilantro, sour cream and add lime to taste and if need or want add extra salsa!
Recipe by Val | likeinmexico ©