Fish is a good alternative to prepare tacos, it’s healthy, yummy and very easy to cook.
I’ll show you my way to prepare easy and fast fish tacos. One of the best things of all of this is that my Fish Tacos Recipe is very HEALTHY! I mean, no oil, no frying, no mayo breading, no butter.
HEALTHY FISH TACOS RECIPE
For the Fish:
1 Cod Fish fillet
1 big pinch of Sea Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Splash of Cayenne Pepper or Chile powder.
1 tablespoon of Seasoned Panko (Japanese Bread Crumbs)
1 tablespoon of Lime or Lemon
For the Tacos:
¼ Onion finely chopped
1 small bunch of Cilantro Finely Chopped
1 lime (cut in half or quarters)
3 tablespoons of Greek Yogurt
Any type of Salsa (remember… a taco without salsa is not a good taco)
(Also Remember…. the salsa doesn’t need to be spicy, just tasty)
Salt and Pepper to taste
COD FISH Preparation:
1.Pre-heat oven 400˚F (200˚C)
2.Wash the fish in cold water and pat dry. (Skin under) Place the fish in a baking dish (using parchment paper) rub salt, pepper, cayenne and spread the Panko all over the fish.
3. Place the fish in the oven and let it cook for 15 min. (cod fish is a bit oily, so don’t be worry if when you take the fish out of the oven looks like oil around the fish)
4. To add extra crispiness add 2 min in broil (optional, but I do)
4. Transfer the cod fish to a serving plate and splash lime juice, and if needed extra pinch of salt and pepper.
1. Warm up the tortillas in the Skillet or Comal.
2. Prepare all the toppings in single serving bowls like Cilantro and Onion (these 2 can be place in the same bowl, mix them! You will love it) as well serve the Greek yogurt, limes, and salsa.
3. To prepare the Taco: Place on the tortilla, the fish onion/cilantro/greek yogurt/splash of lime and Salsa and Voila!
Enjoy, Bon Appetit, Buen Provecho!