Tasty Creamy Poblano Pasta is one of my favourites ever and I’m sure it will be yours too
Creamy Poblano Pasta Recipe
Serves: 4 Portions
Prep time: 45 mim +-
- Pasta of your choice (I used Spaghetti)
- 3 or 4 Poblano Peppers (roasted, peeled and seeds removed)
- Chicken boullion Cube or 1 tbsp chicken bouillon in powder
- 1 cup of Media Crema Nestle OR Heavy Cream 35% OR Greek Yogurt for a light version
- 1/3 cup of milk (optional)
- 1 tbsp canola oil or butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic
- Salt Pepper to taste
1. Cooked pasta according to package instructions.
2. Roast Poblano Peppers and when roasted from all sides, place them in plastic bag for about 10 min, then remove skin and seeds.
3. Place in a blender the poblano peppers, cream, milk and chicken bouillon, mix well and set a side.
4. Heat a large skillet and add the canola or butter, chopped onion and garlic and cook until onion is transparent. Add the creamy salsa and let it simmer for about 5 min (taste it and if need salt, add to your liking) add the pasta and mix well.
Buen Provecho ! Enjoy !
- I love cooking with media crema nestle, but sometime is difficult to find it here in Montreal, so in those days i ran out of media crema nestle I use Heavy Cream 35% (brand Québon) and when I use greek yogurt I like Liberté brand.
- Also you can add Grilled Chicken, you will love the mix of poblano pepper and chicken.
- If the creamy sauce starts crumbling add pasta water as you need in order to loosen it up a bit.
- If you want, you also can add cheese of your choice.